Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mondays are my most carefree days every week. I don't work and I don't tutor. I usually pack up a book and my laptop and cafe hop for the day.

I have had so much tea and coffee though I become extremely relaxed and then fidgety after consumption of caffeine. A friend of mine is doing the master cleanse and I decide I would like to try it too in a few days. I figured I would allow myself a few days to slowly intake liquids over solids. I'm not really doing this to lose weight, but just to feel physically rejuvenated if you will. I know some of the side effects may be headaches or dizziness and if it becomes too intense, I will end it straightaway.

I'm looking forward to visiting Chicago in a few short weeks. I'm going to re-acquaint with my best friend from High School (whom I haven't seen in over 3 years) and also with my favourite cousin. I'm considering of getting in touch with a couple other people whom I have grown estranged from for particular circumstances.

I been pondering lately I think why I feel so cynical of gay culture. Much of it has to do with norms of style and presentation. Whenever I enter in a gay bar, I often am quick to notice the differentiation between them and myself, because it's all very obvious. I'll be standing in a room of taller men of all ages with faked baked, chizzled muscles and tight Armani Exchange muscle shirts. Then there is me standing meekly in comparison to them. I clearly have no sightly muscles to flaunt, I prefer to wear cardigans, and my face is usually covered by rectangular glasses and flat ironed hair hanging over my eyes. I know I don't exactly emit the normative standards of gay sex appeal. The issue is not so much that I feel envious or inadequate compared to them, because I am not trying to be that. I have a preconceived notion based on my past gay lifestyle experiences that I will have nothing in common with them, and I am content with feeling settled with that outlook being that I know I will probably be right the majority of the time. I'm fine with dressing more maturely, even if it goes well beyond my years. I feel pity for the 40 something saps that sport A&F graphic tee's. Bleh. Sometimes I think it would be nice to be more toned, and I have thought about joining a small athletic facility for something to do in some downtime.

Oh, I let out my introverted craziness last week and it was fantastic. Last Thursday at Luna's 80's night was amazing. I arrived extra early and I danced by myself on the floor opposite of Colin and Stephanie. I wish I could make it a weekly ritual.

To briefly sum up my dancing style:

0 comments: