Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Geez..

Apparently I have a profound effect on people with my viewpoints. Often whenever I stress another way of looking at a situation in casual discourse, merely another angle, people can get in such cahoots over it because I am casting doubts to an issue they thought their mind is clearly made up on. It's not my intention to cause mischief or take advantage of others, but if I enable people to think outside their normal realm of thinking, you would think that is a good thing? Something that might have some merit? If what I was saying had no exemplary base in argument, of course, my opinions should be easily omitted without regard to consideration; but if it does give them a reaction, then that's a clue. However, it's almost never the retort I was hoping for. Instead I have to be seen as some sort of threat for suggesting something opposite to their understanding. I then become perceived in such a negative sense. I hate that! I wish I could have a constructive conversation with someone that doesn't take offence to a point I raise. It's often people who are insecure on such issues that do this. I am one to criticise issues like this because I have been there numerous times myself on several affairs. I am insecure on many things, therefore I offer my perspective in regards to my experience on particular matters that have made a thorough difference in my life.
I just wish people could take my feedback respectively as something to consider, not something I am picking on them about.

0 comments: